Web services by SAVVY-DISCOUNTS.com --
Web site promotion and consultation.
GET MORE HITS AT YOUR WEB SITE
by Rick Doble
"My art site has registered 150,000 hits in three years."
11 WAYS TO DRAMATICALLY INCREASE
THE TRAFFIC AT YOUR SITE
(You can pick and choose what you want, of course.)
- Optimize your pages so that they are listed by search engines and correctly
listed with the right key words.
--This includes meta tags, the page title, and introductory words on your
--Create a unique tag that will identify your pages and web site so that you can
easily track who is linking to you.
--Remove things that search engines will avoid such as too many repetitions of a
- Add links to other similar sites from your page. This should increase your
chance of getting listed and also increase your rank.
- Create a page of sites that already link to yours. You might be surprised
where you are listed.
- Create a way to monitor the traffic to your site. You can keep track of raw
numbers, unique hits, and the links surfers are using to get to your site.
- Put an email link on all of your pages so that people can send comments, etc.
- Make your site user friendly. This means create pages that are fast loading
and clearly designed.
- Submit your revamped home page to as many as 1000 search engines and
directories and submit important sub-pages as well.
- Develop a way to track new listings to your site. I use a number of
techniques to do this.
- Create a page that lists all the sites that are linked to yours along with
any positive mentions/reviews/comments.
- Send an email to all who list your site and tell them that you are also
- Email a quarterly email letter informing all people who have emailed you or
who have listed your site of any new developments (this avoids any suggestion of
COST: From $250.
Once I know exactly what you want to
do, I can give you an estimate.
A PERSONAL NOTE:
In the last three years my personal art web site has gotten 150,000 hits. The number of hits
has doubled every year. As you know from the Millionaire show, doubling every
year means that you will soon be dealing in big numbers.
This did not happen by accident.
I have been doing publicity since my college days when I was in charge of
getting the public to attend special programs. Later as a freelance photographer,
I publicized my independent photography classes and was able to successfully
compete with other classes at universities and community colleges. I did this
for ten years. Five years ago I started my own newsletter and was mentioned nationwide in major publications and media such as Woman's Day, Woman's World and ABC TV's TheView. Now on the web I am using my skills to bring traffic to my site.
I believe in a well rounded approach to publicity. This is not expensive. If you
give it time to build, your traffic should increase indefinitely.
I believe that being listed in search engines is important but not the most
important thing. For example, on most of my sites I get more traffic from other
sites than from search engines. I know this because I have a way to monitor
where my traffic is coming from.
Here is a rough estimate
of how my numbers have increased at
- 1998 - 1999 = 12,500
- 1999 - 2000 = 25,000
- 2000 - 2001 = 50,000
- 2001 - 2002 = 100,000 (estimated)
© SAVVY-DISCOUNTS.com 2002
All rights reserved.
Search the Savvy-Discounts.com Web Site
All Topics Index |
Annual Sales Calendar |
Consumer Links |
Newsletter Signup |
Current Newsletter |
Discount Telephone Services |
Free Discount Drug Prescription Card |
List Of Discount Products
More About Us:
Media Info |
Ad Info |
About Us |